Love After Love By Derek Walcott
The time will come when, with elation
you will greet yourself arriving at your own door,
in your own mirror and each will smile at the other’s welcome,
and say, sit here.
You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you
all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life
Live with Purpose and Awareness
The best thing you can do to inspire and empower others is to inspire and empower yourself.
Live with purpose and awareness so you can achieve freedom and abundance.
Living a purposeful life means to live a life of inspiration, consciously using our potential to its fullest. When we do this, we become more intelligent, because we are truly aligning ourselves with the core principles of truth, love, and power.
The closer in alignment that we are to those principles – the more we improve ourselves, and in turn, inspire others to do the same. Then, as those people follow in our footsteps, finding their own path, they inspire others, and the ripples go on and on down the line. By striving for and living a fulfilled life, we are contributing to the greater good in the world. As we improve ourselves, we also improve those around us.
The first step on your path of personal growth must be to realize that your life as it stands right now isn’t how you want it to be. It’s what you do after that realization that opens up the door to the possibility of change and transformation.
Here’s some things to remember;
“Ideas alone don’t change our world for the better. Ideas that inspire action do.
When we share the ideas that inspire us in a way that inspires others to take action, we can build the world we imagine.” -Simon Sinek
- Perception is a key player in personal growth and development because we react to what we perceive to be the truth.
- When you fail to let go of the things in life that do not serve you or the person you want to be, you settle for mediocrity and prevent any new connections from forming.
- The purpose of all relationships is to teach you how to love yourself for who you are on all levels.
- There is no power in the past or the future, only in the present moment. We should set goals not to control the future, but to empower ourselves and improve our present reality.
- Exercise your courage to go after the prize of true fulfillment, which is much greater than the illusion of security and comfort.
- Your greatest regrets in life won’t be the mistakes you’ve made; they’ll be the opportunities you let slip through your fingers by failing to act.
- Being authentic doesn’t mean being perfect, it means being real.
- Never turn away from the truth. If you want to grow beyond your current limitations, you must first learn to stop resisting where you are and get in touch with why you’re here.
- Your relationships have an enormous influence on your self growth. Surround yourself with people who naturally empower and inspire you.
-In a world that isn’t fully committed to health or wellness, the most natural and beneficial practices seem extreme. Average is a slow and drawn out self-destruction.
-Don’t wait for a disaster to come before taking action to improve your overall wellness.
- Fear of rejection is a major block to living a life you love.
-It’s best to get up in the morning excited and happy about the day’s work ahead.
Enjoy the rest of your week!